Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Shrimp Alfredo

When I fix a meal I look for five constant values
1)  It must be quick
2)  It must be easy
3)  It must include items I already have on hand
4)  It should include fresh crops from my garden
5)  Above all it MUST taste good

So here it is.  This one hits all five marks easily.  And when I can add "makes the house smell wonderful" to that list you know it's a winner. The Broccoli and Spinach out of the garden added great color and flavor. Shrimp Alfredo is one that my husband already ask for again.  I think that sums up number 5 on my list.  This is a two person serving. 

1 cup water
1 3oz package of cream cheese (or 1/2 of an 8 oz package will work fine)
1/2 cup Roasted Garlic Dip
1 TBS Tomato Chicken Bullion
2 TSP Onion powder
1 TSP Oregano
Pinch of Salt
1 TSP Pepper
2 cups chopped Broccoli
2 cups baby Spinach leaves

3 cups salad size shrimp
1 6 oz pkg Vermicelli Pasta

In sauce pan heat water until boiling.  Stir in cream cheese, garlic dip, bullion, onion powder, oregano, salt and pepper.  Wisk briskly until cream cheese is completely melted.  Toss in Broccoli and Spinach.  Cover and let simmer for 15 minutes.  Meanwhile, cook package of Vermicelli according to directions (about 10 minutes).  Add shrimp to broccoli and cover pan simmering for 10 minutes.  Remove lid.  Let shrimp set for 10 minutes so it will slightly thicken.  Serve over pasta. 

No comments:

Post a Comment