Saturday, April 5, 2014

FISH AND RICE STEW

Fish is just one of those foods that is so right.  The benefits are so numerous.  It doesn't take a whole lot for me to enjoy the flavor.  I don't like to put any meat in a rut, so I'm always looking to change things up.  When I can create a dish packed full of great things from my harvest and an abundance of healthy benefits I'm reminded why I enjoy my garden so much.  This will serve four, and it pairs very well with these Southern Biscuits for one delicious and simple dinner.


4 cups fat free chicken broth
1 cup each of the following-chopped:
   Broccoli
   Cauliflower
   Carrots
   Red Pepper
   Green Onion
   Cabbage
2 TBS Knox Tomato Chicken Bullion
1 TBS Kosher Salt
1 TBS Fresh Ground Pepper
3 cups chopped cat fish fillets
2 1/2 Cups cooked white rice

In large pan heat chicken broth on medium. Once broth is boiling gently stir in all chopped vegetables, bullion, salt and pepper.  Simmer vegetables for no more than ten minutes so that they are still slightly crisp.  Add fish and cooked rice. Cover and cook on medium low  for another 10 minutes or until fish is flaky and done..  Remove from heat and let set for five minutes before serving.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment