Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Sopa de Cosecha

When I get a chance to combine two of my favorite activities together and create something spectacular its just fun.  This is one soup that is so tasty it amazed me.  I was simply looking for something to do with the abundance of vegetables building up in my refrigerator before they started spoiling.   It's even more fun when you just toss it all in a crock pot and let it cook without a lot of fuss.  This makes a large crock pot full that serves 4-6.
 
4 Cups Water
6 Carrots, scrubbed and sliced
6 Stalks Celery sliced
3 Cups Broccoli
2 Cups Corn
2 Large Tomatoes
1 Cup Diced Onion
1 Cup Diced Green Pepper
3 Cubs Shredded Cabbage
1 3oz can tomato sauce
3 Better Than Bullion No Chicken Chicken Bullion
1 6oz Package Bow Tie Pasta
 
Wash, scrub and slice all of the vegetables (except cabbage) exactly as you prefer.  I like mine nice and chunky, cut them finer if you prefer.  Shred cabbage. Place vegetables and water in crock pot with bullion and tomato sauce.  Cover and cook on low heat for 2 hours or longer.  If you prefer a nice crispy soup cook less, if you like the vegetables more done cook longer.  Add pasta and cook for an addition 30 to 45 minutes.  Remove crock from pan and let cook for ten minutes before serving.  This allows the pasta to absorb the flavor of the sauce.
 

I

No comments:

Post a Comment