Monday, April 22, 2013

Chorizo Sándwich de Bolsillo

I don't know about you but I work my tail off.  When I get home from the office all I want to do is get a quick, tasty meal on the table.  One the whole family will enjoy.  Well, here ya go.  This delicious Chorizo Sandwich de Bolsillo (Sausage Pocket Sandwich) is ready in 20 minutes and it's as tasty as tasty can be.  This will make four sandwiches.

1 LB Spicy Summer Sausage
1/4 Cut diced chillies
1/4 cup diced onion
1/4 Cup tomato sauce
2 Cups Rice
Garlic Salt and Lemon Pepper to taste
2 Pita Pockets cut in half

GARNISH:
Sliced Avocado
Shredded Mexican Blend cheese
Sour Cream
Shredded Lettuce
Diced Tomato

Slice sausage and brown it in a skillet.  Add chillies, onion, tomato sauce and rice. Cover and let simmer.  Carefully open Pita Pocket with a sharp knife.  Place sausage inside and add your favorite topping.

TIP: I make up several cups of rice at one time and place 1 to 2 cup portions in freezer bags.  They are always ready when I need them for a quick dish.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment