Sunday, March 10, 2013

Tender Teriyaki Beef Stir Fry



Just because it's Stir Fry doesn't mean it requires a Wok, not that there is a specific set of ingredients you HAVE to add.  My family loves stir-fry and they find it quite a treat.  I usually hit the fridge and grab whatever (reasonable) vegetables I have on hand.  In this instance I used Green Squash and Snap Peas because I had some left in the freezer from my garden.  Any large skillet or dutch oven will work well.  Just make sure you have fun with it.  This serves a 4-6.

2 LBS Lean Beef Sirloin

1/2 Cup Soy Sauce
2/3 Cup Japanese Sweet Rice Wine
2 TBS Sugar
1 TSP Ground Ginger
2 Minced Garlic Cloves
2 TBS Italian Dressing

Dice meat into medium sized pieces.  Pour all remaining ingredients into pan on medium heat and boil.  Once boiled add Beef.  let simmer on low heat for 1 hour until meat is extremely tender.  Be sure to stir constantly.  10 Minutes before adding vegetables turn heat to medium-high and allow a portion of the juices to concentrate, but not completely.

Add to meat:
2 Cups Broccoli floweretts
2 Cups Sliced Mushrooms
2 Cups Italian Squash (Green Squash)
2 Cups Snap Peas

Let vegetables simmer for 10 minutes tossing constantly to allow the teriyaki to penetrate the stir-fry thoroughly.  Remember-it's best to add whatever vegetables you are comfortable with.  These are what I had on hand, and what worked for me.

I served the dish over Japanese Ramen noodles, but sticky white rice will work perfectly also.


No comments:

Post a Comment