Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Vegan Butternut Squash Soup

I don't normally do vegan (I leave that to my daughter) but I wanted something different from my butternut squash. So I did what I always do.  I starting throwing things together that I knew would taste good.  And boy was this GOOD!  Just look at the rich color.  I always say the simpler the better. 

1 1/2 Cups Chopped Butternut Squash (skin on)
1 12 Cups Broccoli
3 cups No Chicken Broth
1/4 Cup Tomato Juice
1 TBS Garlic Powder
1 TBS Onion Powder
Salt and Pepper to taste
2 Cups Cooked Rice
Shredded Dayia Cheese (optional)

Simmer Squash and Broccoli in chicken broth about 10 minutes, but do not overcook.  Allow it to say nice and firm.  Add juice, seasonings and rice.  Cover and simmer on low for an additional 10 minutes.  Top with shredded cheese if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment