Saturday, October 13, 2012

Three Bean and Hatch Chili Salad

Three Bean and Chili Salad
Three Bean Salad is good no matter how you fix it.  I really get a kick watching my husband (yes, my husband) throw in ideas when I start putting something together.  I could see his eyes light up when we discussed  three bean salad with fresh cooked Hatch Chili's.  I gotta give him credit.  Some days he is my biggest inspiration.  I can't wait for him to get home and try it.  I think I'll serve it with his favorite Chili Cheese Dogs for dinner.  You can find my recipe for those here also.

1 12 oz can green beans
1 12oz can garbanzo beans
1 12oz can red kidney beans
1 cup chopped cucumber
1/2 cup chopped red pepper
1/2 cup chopped green pepper
6 green onions chopped
1/4 cup chopped black olives
1/4 cup cooked, chopped bacon
1/4 cup cooked chopped hatch chili peppers
1 cup Homemade Relish


Home Made Relish
1/2 Cup Dill Pickles (diced)
2 Jalapeno Peppers (diced)
3 Large Garlic Cloves (crushed)
1/4 Cup Diced Onion


DRESSING
1/2 cup miracle whip
1/4 cup honey mustard
2 tablespoons Weber Mesquite seasoning
Salt & Pepper to taste

Rind beans off in a colander and pour in a large mixing bowl.  Add all chopped vegetables, cooked bacon and peppers.  Mix dressing and add to beans.  Store in an air tight container in refrigerator.  Let chill for several hours before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment