Monday, August 6, 2012

Tangy Deviled Eggs


My husband is not fan of mayonnaise, but he is a big fan of mustard. I grew up using mayo in deviled eggs so I needed to change my recipe.   I tried to get inventive and create something that was different, yet had the same qualifies as  traditional deviled eggs.  These turned out to be a hit with my husband.  They went pretty fast when I served them for Easter Lunch too.

Tangy Deviled Eggs
 1 Dozen Large Eggs
  1 Tbs Salt
  2 Tbs Relish
  2 Tbs Dijon Mustard
  2 Tbs Pimento
  1 Tsp Lemon Juice
  1 Tbs Finely Chopped Jalapeno Pepper (optional)
 Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder to taste




Place eggs in a large pan and cover with cold water.  Add salt and slowly boil on a medium heat so the eggs won't crack.  Allow to boil for 20 minutes and transfer pan to sink.  Cover eggs with cold tap water to stop the cooking process.  Let stand in water for 10 minutes to completely cool.  Gently tap eggs and remove peeling.

Split eggs down the middle remove yolk to a large mixing bowl.  Mash with a fork and add all ingredients blending thoroughly.  Return mixture to egg filling space where yolk had been.  Top with additional slice of jalapeno if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment