Sunday, August 19, 2012

Baked Pita Chips


I recently become enamored with tasty Pita Chips.  Like anything else as the demand for these alternatives to over fried Potato Chips has risen so has the cost.  I was no longer willing to pay nearly $4 for a bag of my new favorite chip.  I knew if I wanted to keep my craving satisfied I'd have to make my own.

6 Thin Pita
Canola Oil Cooking Spray
Seasoning of your choice


Cut pita bead  into strips and separate the two slices.  Spray cooking oil a  baking pan and lay the strips in a layer.  Coat the top of the strips with cooking spray to allow the seasoning to stay on the chip.  Top with seasoning and bake in oven at 400 degrees string with a spatula after five minutes. Remove when golden brown and service serve with your favorite dip or add to your sandwich for a quick lunch.  You have a healthier solution with great flavor.

I seasoned my chips my sea salt and lemon pepper.  Some other suggestions would be:

Cajun seasoning
Mesquite Seasoning
BBQ Seasoning
Grated Parmesan Cheese
Hidden Valley Ranch seasoning mix

No comments:

Post a Comment